Creativity

Falling...Tumbling...Swirls of thought.

Bubles of intuition, whiffs of plot.

Dancing..Singing...keeping pace.

Fields of inspiration, rainbows of grace.

by LaDonna Cole







Monday, September 26, 2011

Magical Moments on Mundane Monday

Well, this Monday morning did not start out so magical...sinus pressure, tired, didn't sleep well.  A heaviness settled in on my brain, fogging my senses.  "Grog...I need grog!"  I harrumphed and trumbled my way to my car keys and called my son down to go to school.  I stood listlessly by the door, my face sliding off to waggle somewhere around my middle, shoulders slumped, I couldn't get my warm snugly bed to stop screaming for my return.

He came down the stairs with his arms full of paraphernalia for the day.  I ticked through the list in my best Ogre impression.  "Piano folder, back pack, stuff for band..."  Check. Check. Check.

We got into the car and headed out on our thirty minute drive.  Gray and blue clouds shrouded the sky and dipped low to haze the cloud in my brain.  I started noticing that people around us were giving us that double take, you know, they look at you uninterested, look away, then snap their eyes back with an expression of shock or smirk.

The haze in my head started to give way to curiosity.  I glanced over at my son.  He had disappeared.  In his seat sat Darth Vader!  Now, it was my turn to do the double take. 

Ah, yes, it is character day at school for spirit week.  My son had donned his character transformation while I was in my Grog withdrawing fog.  Just as though the sun had burst from behind a cloud to transform the gloom into dazzling colors, my son had lifted the mundane from my Monday by his magical whimsy and charming personality.

What was your magical moment this mundane Monday?

1 comment:

  1. LaDonna, I enjoyed reading your "Magical Moments" story! You are an awesome writer and a lovely woman blessed with many fine qualities and talents! You must have inherited these from your pretty Mom! :) Thanks for the laughs.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete